dreaming of somewhere far away


Dian.



Template by Elle @ satellit-e.bs.com
Banners: reviviscent
Others: (1 | 2)


Nostalgia is a dirty liar that insists things were better than they seemed

lights flashing over my head
Friday, November 19, 2010 || 10:51 PM

I'm gonna blog about the David Archuleta Showcase on Sunday, 14 Nov! Ok this is gonna be super-detailed for remembrance sake :)

It was exclusive, need to buy a phone (which is apparently really expensive?!) to get the passes. One pass is for 2 people. This lady needed someone to go with and agreed to sell it to me for a lower price. I'm so grateful! Thank you so much, Selina. She's a mother with a daughter in Uni which goes to show David reaches out to people of any age group :D

It was at Zouk, and I was really late because had a hard time trying to get there! I reached at 5.25 when it was supposed to start at 5.30. Selina was standing near the front of the queue so had to push past everyone to get to her lol.

Then we went in.. Kinda awed, first time in a club. Haha.

Seemed like most of the people there aren't even his fans, just going cos they have the pass. I think it's so wasted, could've been given to the fans who really wanted to be there.

Found a good place to stand, directly in the middle and on top of a stair. So I had a superb view :D

Then... HE FINALLY CAME OUT.

Pictures aren't of great quality because my digicam battery charger is STILL missing and I had to settle for my phone camera. Still, had some pretty good photos of him :)

I COULD'VE SWORN HE LOOKED RIGHT AT ME ONCE OMG.



HERE.







Pulling up his sleeves. Then he talked about how many times he had to iron his shirt cos it got crinkly fast.





I realised when he says "thanks" or "thank you", his tone is ALWAYS the same!
























He sang 5 songs:
Crush (classic!)
My Kind of Perfect
Something 'Bout Love (of course)
Elevator (another of course)
The Other Side of Down

Wish he would've sang Falling Stars cos it's my favourite. But I'm still very satisfied :)





David waving.
And just like that, he left the stage.
:(
The whole showcase seemed to go by so fast.



The view from the top!





The security placed barriers at the side of the stage after the showcase and we waited because of the chance that he would exit by that way. Then after a while they said that he already left by another way. Just a trick to distract the fans so he could leave -.-

Had a blast! David looked great and he sounded amazing live :D

Next post: autograph session!

Labels: , ,