dreaming of somewhere far away


Dian.



Template by Elle @ satellit-e.bs.com
Banners: reviviscent
Others: (1 | 2)


Nostalgia is a dirty liar that insists things were better than they seemed

hold on to these memories
Tuesday, July 12, 2011 || 4:52 PM

The thought of watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 in less than 2 days is just crazy. I can't even believe how fast time has passed.

I'm feeling a combination of extreme excitement and sadness, if that is even possible.

I remember the first book I read was Chamber of Secrets. It was a gift to my sister by my mother's friend from the US, Aunt Carol. I don't think we've seen her since but we owe it to her. She read it, loved it, passed it to me to read, and we've been massive fans ever since!

The first movie I watched was Chamber of Secrets as well. I was 8. Since then I read most of the books as they came out. And I watched the movies on the first day of release or during sneak previews. I've honestly lost count of the number of times I've read/watched the series.

I did a show-and-tell presentation in primary school on Prisoner of Azkaban and a composition on one of the other books, forgot which. I wish I had more opportunities to incorporate the series into my schoolwork because then I'd actually be more passionate about it.

I can't believe how much of an impact the series has given me and millions of others. Looking at all the people of different nationalities cheering at the Premiere, it struck me how many people from all over the world have had Harry Potter play a huge role in their lives. Just like the Dumbledore quote, "... though we may come from different countries and speak in different tongues, our hearts beat as one."

I can't really put into words how much the series means to me, personally. I actually FELT, reading the books. I laughed, I cried. It brought me to a whole other world. It taught me more about love, friendship, courage, strength, loyalty and other life lessons than any book has ever done. It taught me about the power of imagination and of course... the power of magic. For this, I am eternally grateful.

Thank you J.K Rowling and the HP cast, for an amazing childhood.
What a ride. And the magic will live on.

"Whether you come back by page or by the big screen, Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home." - J.K Rowling



This song sums up my entire Harry Potter experience.

Until the very end.

Labels: , ,