Nostalgia is a dirty liar that insists things were better than they seemed
give it time and it will fall in line
Saturday, February 11, 2012 || 1:30 PM
These past 2 weeks, no, make it this year, has been the most exhausting period ever. In all ways - mental, physical, emotional.
Firstly, completing the many projects that were due, editing reports, doing up powerpoint slides, staying up to help others etc. And having to put up with shit. Some projects didn't go so well. And then everything is done and study break starts.
But I couldn't rest because my house is being renovated so I had to help literally stripping the rooms bare because the floor tiles are being changed. And my house has A LOT of stuff. I'm not even kidding. You could fill trucks with the shit that we threw away or recycled. Old cupboards, tables and everything. I don't think we've cleaned out properly since we moved in 14 years ago. The only interesting part was finding cool stuff I hadn't seen in a long time. But it really tested my sanity because no matter how much we cleaned, there just seemed to be more stuff.
Then, started the revision for modules. Printed out all the notes, went through a module a day. My progress was really good on the first day, managed to get through all the notes. But my momentum decreased as the days went on so by the last 2 days (which incidentally were the 2 toughest modules), I only went through 1 chapter and 3 chapters respectively. So that whole week was basically highlighting, reading and memorizing.
Exams started. 5 days in a row: one module done, have lunch with the girls, go home and take a nap, start on the next module. Don't want to say much about it but some were quite manageable. There's one I'm really worried about though.
After the last paper, had briefing for TEP. To be honest, I'm not looking forward to it at all. As in, we start out on Production and I don't like that. I don't really want to waste my time on that part of Media which there's a 99% chance that I won't pursue. Then the next half is choosing between Print or Channel Management. Since a lot of people want Print, it's gonna be chosen by ballot. Sigh, I might not even get the part of Media that I'm interested in. I wish we could just continue with lectures and tutorials... Ah we'll see how it goes.
Now I'm free! :D
Very random post but just wanted to let that all out.
Labels: exams, school